[Make-wifi-fast] [v5] ath9k: Switch to using mac80211 intermediate software queues.

Valo, Kalle kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Wed Nov 9 15:07:18 EST 2016

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> writes:

> Tim Shepard <shep at alum.mit.edu> writes:
>
>>> While at it, could you also add to the commit log some info how awesome this
>>> patch is from user's point of view and how it helps. For example, before and
>>> and after numbers and other results.
>>
>> That varies wildly, depending on many details of the scenario
>> (including the wireless capabilities of the clients connected to the
>> AP using this patch, and how far away those clients are). There's
>> really not enough room in a commit message to explain enough to make
>> any such claimed numbers reproducible.
>
> I disagree; it's quite straightforward to demonstrate a gain from this
> on an ath9k access point. And while of course the mac80211 queues is the
> reason for this, the commit that uses it (i.e. this one) can explain
> that and include some numbers.

Yeah, so with that you are basically answering "Why?" part in the commit
log so that others can also understand the motivation behind all this.

> I'll add that and resend :)

Thanks. And sorry for taking so long with this, I have been basically
travelling most of the last month. I should get back home on Friday and
things should get normal soon.

--
Kalle Valo