[Make-wifi-fast] ath10k fq_codel support

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Thu Oct 13 11:59:19 EDT 2016

On 13 Octsuppber 2016 at 17:41, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Noah Causin <n0manletter at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was looking into getting an Ubiquiti Unifi AC-Pro to flash LEDE onto for
>> testing the ath10k performance and latency with fq_codel.
>>
>> I already have an Archer C7 V2 which uses the ath10k-firmware-qca988x package,
>> which the Unifi AC-Pro and Lite seem to use.
>>
>> Would I have all I need if I flashed the latest git version of LEDE?
>>
>> Also, what firmware versions support the intermediate software queues,
>> and would my Archer C7 be fine for preliminary testing?
>
> You can check if it's active by seeing if you can read
> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/aqm - if that exists and outputs
> anything when you 'cat' it, the intermediate queues are active.
>
> They are disabled for some hardware revisions, but not sure which ones.

wake_tx_queue is disabled if fw doesn't advertise flow control support
(which is supported in qca99xx and qca40xx chip fw blobs only so far).

qca988x found in archer c7 will have it disabled.

The patch that disables it is [1]. You can revert it or tinker around
the logic it introduced if you want to force fq_codel.

[1]: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k?id=4ca1807815aa6801aaced7fdefa9edacc2521767

Michal