[Make-wifi-fast] Major Bufferbloat

Jaap Buurman jaapbuurman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 07:56:02 EDT 2017

Thank you very much for the quick replies! I tried two clients, one laptop
with the Intel 7265ac chipset (Just to be clear, these tests were done on
2.4ghz n). And another client with an Artheros chipset. I am not entirely
sure which one exactly, I can check in a few hours once I get home. Both
clients were showing the same behavior. The Intel chipset was using Windows
8.1, while the Artheros chipset was using Windows 10. As a sidenote, I will
try out Ubuntu clients as well once I get home.

I initially also suspected bloated clients. But both clients showed an A
bufferbloat score on an Archer C7 V2 2.4ghz wifi. This was the exact same
test as the one in the OP, so with 32 upload streams. Unfortunately, I do
not have the Archer anymore, so I cannot repeat the iperf tests.