[Make-wifi-fast] taking action: (tired of funding problems)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri May 12 23:39:50 EDT 2017

After a month off hammering nails (nearly without internet!) , I
decided that the only way to continue to cross the chasm we face with
getting bufferbloat fixed everywhere -  was to raise adequate funding
for testing, hardware and firmware development this time around.

I got a small grant to tackle wifi multicast issues from comcast
research... but it's not enough. We need to translate some stuff about
wifi devices in particular from and to chinese, rewrite at least 2
more drivers, and spread BQL to ever more devices.

That requires tedious, patient work, and exhaustive testing that needs
to be done at a more rapid pace than to date on the next 10 billion
devices.

There is no way in hell that I'm willing to tackle that without
serious funding, so I'm applying for a Shuttleworth grant due may 14.
I've engaged the services of a videographer, fresh out of Afghanistan,
to put together the 5 minute video required.

Primary shooting starts tomorrow.

If you would like to contribute a bit (any length - there are other
grants to apply for!)  I mostly just want 5-30 second segments filmed
on a cellphone about how the bufferbloat, cerowrt, or make wifi fast
projects affected you and your life. Please get something in before
saturday (tomorrow!) afternoon, if you want in.

Also, there will be a giant (filmed) walk to the top of a mountain in
los gatos saturday and sunday at 7AM. if you are in the california
area and want to join us on the shoot, please let me know privately.

--

Dave Täh
http://blog.cerowrt.org