[Make-wifi-fast] [RFC] mac80211: Add airtime fairness accounting

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 10:18:32 EDT 2017

As I understand it, this code is mainly intended for stations that serve as
an AP, rather than as a client.  Since the MAC layer is the one with
easiest access to the real airtime statistics (much easier than, say, a
qdisc), there is no better place to implement it.

If RTS/CTS probes are in use, then the AP does in fact have control over
receive bandwidth on a per station basis, at least in theory.  But I think
this is simply an attempt to balance total airtime between stations by
accounting for airtime used in both directions, even if one of those
directions isn't controlled so strictly.

- Jonathan Morton