[Make-wifi-fast] mesh deployment with ath9k driver changes

Pete Heist pete at eventide.io
Thu Apr 26 18:47:29 EDT 2018

> On Apr 27, 2018, at 12:04 AM, David Lang <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>>
>> It’s remote enough. I could try it, but some of the equipment I have from the US isn't happy above 11
>
> If you are running OpenWRT, then you should be able to set the country code and now worry where the equipment was from.

Theoretically, but for starters my older 2007 MacBook Pro doesn’t seem to want to use 13, whereas my 2011 is fine with it. I don’t know the country code selection algorithm for all devices, but some may use the country code from the first AP they see, leading to anecdotes like this: http://isnowhere.com/mac-wifi-county-code-fail-channel-13/

Some people enable personal hotspots on their phone, which if they’re a traveller, could potentially cause someone else’s region to change.

It’s still a good idea, and maybe I’ll give it another try now that it’s 2018 and this should work(!), but so far I’ve wanted to avoid the possibility of such complications. But I first have to figure out where to physically put a third gateway to split cabins 12 and 20- without that I won’t be able to get them on independent channels no matter how many I have available… :)