[Make-wifi-fast] mesh deployment with ath9k driver changes

Pete Heist pete at eventide.io
Fri Apr 27 08:17:43 EDT 2018

> On Apr 27, 2018, at 1:59 PM, Valent Turkovic <valent at otvorenamreza.org> wrote:
>
> Some rules you need to follow to get an working network:
> - avoid using using omni-directional antennas if humanly possible
> (take a look at TP-LINK CPE210/510 and Ubiquiti Nano M2/M5 devices)
> - use dedicated radios for mesh (this means using dual radio devices
> if possible or two cheap devices instead of one more expensive)
> - cut tree branches that are obstructing LOS, move devices higher or
> lower to achieve clear LOS
> - run outdoor cable trough ground instead wifi if location is close enough
>
> Hope things work out!

Judging from our Cabin 28 repeater (which so far works “well enough”), I believe that just splitting the channels so there’s only one repeater per gateway will help a lot. Unfortunately cutting tree branches and trenching aren’t practical here, nor is much expense, so I’ll just take it step by step and hopefully enjoy how it improves. Thanks for the ideas… :)