[Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] closing up my make-wifi-fast lab

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Mon Aug 27 21:46:12 EDT 2018

I thought that RTS/CTS would handle the case of hidden nodes, i.e. a device
that fails to successfully transmit can resort to RTS/CTS to get the
receiver to reserve time for it.  Also, lack of a RX ack seems ok to
trigger MAC level retransmits.

It seems the LBT bug is the collision avoidance overheads when it isn't
needed, i.e. no other energy would cause the RX PHY to fail its decode and
the EDCA backoffs had no benefit, stochastic or otherwise.   Optimizing
that out is said to be not possible from local information only and per
"shared" spectrum.

Bob