[Make-wifi-fast] not sure how to reproduce this...

dpreed at deepplum.com dpreed at deepplum.com
Tue Jan 16 16:03:59 EST 2018

Looks like a bufferbloat problem. Or maybe non-fair-sharing of the WiFi channel. I'm betting on it being a simple bufferbloat problem, though. Easy to swamp the uplink path.

If it is a bufferbloat problem, then it's not the router that's the real problem, though running some kind of rate-limited AQM solution will mitigate it.

(It really, really bugs me that the DOCSIS folks have yet to roll out known bufferbloat fixes in their cable modems and CMTS's after many years!)