[Make-wifi-fast] mesh deployment with ath9k driver changes

Pete Heist pete at heistp.net
Mon Jul 9 19:21:55 EDT 2018

> On Jul 9, 2018, at 2:55 PM, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> You could simply use
> qos_map_set=0,63,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255,255
> to map all dscps to UP0...

Thanks, if it works, this should be better than tunneling. :)

One thing with using Open Mesh firmware though is that it isn’t always possible to customize the OpenWRT config that easily. Their web-based dashboard can overwrite config files at any time, and to customize it in the official way you have to write a script and submit it for approval, due to "FCC rules” that end users shouldn’t be able to modify "certain WiFi settings". So far I’ve avoided that process by re-applying temporary changes periodically, which isn’t always that robust. It mean mean moving to a custom OpenWRT config one day, if I have the time...

Pete