[Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] lwn.net's tcp small queues vs wifi aggregation solved

Stephen Hemminger stephen at networkplumber.org
Thu Jun 21 11:46:11 EDT 2018

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 10:31:18 -0500
Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide at gmail.com> wrote:

> actually... all of my devices, including my desktop connect through wifi
> these days... and only one of them isn't running some variant of linux.

Sigh. My experience with wifi is that it is not stable enough for that.
Both AP's I have tried Linksys ACM3200 or Netgear WNDR3800 I still see random drop outs.
Not sure if these are device resets (ie workarounds) or other issues.

These happen independent of firmware (vendor, OpenWRT, or LEDE).
So my suspicion is the that Wifi hardware is shite and that firmware is trying
to workaround and mask the problem.