[Make-wifi-fast] mesh deployment with ath9k driver changes

Pete Heist pete at eventide.io
Sun May 20 14:56:08 EDT 2018

Hi, thanks for the tips…most everything seems to be already set similarly in Open Mesh’s config except:

- the disabling of lower rates- interesting idea and maybe the most consequential, I’ll see if I can do this in one of OM’s custom.sh scripts, otherwise it’s easy to do in plain OpenWrt
- client isolation isn’t supported when bridging to a VLAN, which I’m doing at the moment

It’s taking some convincing, but I have a rough plan to dig a minimal trench for a new cabled gateway to split cabins 12 and 20, which is the primary issue. If ground isn’t broken soon, it might be me at the shovel. :) Most definitely I’ll report back as I want to do some more testing on the ath9k changes, once this physical issue is taken care of...