[Make-wifi-fast] [Babel-users] reducing delays in wifi mcast queues

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Tue Sep 18 20:04:25 EDT 2018

> Recently I tried to deploy a few babel 1.8.2 nodes with the latest
> openwrt, which I had to back out rapidly because I was dropping so many
> babel packets under contention.

That's interesting.  Could I please see a log?

> A patch to universally enable babel ecn in net.c "solves" this problem,

Interesting.  AFAIK, ECN is only considered by AQM queues, so this implies
there's a queue in the way that's dropping Babel packets.  Perhaps this
queue could be convinced to treat Babel packets specially without having
to hack around it using ECN?  Or perhaps, if we know which queue that is,
we could modify Babel's packet scheduling to be more AQM friendly?

-- Juliusz