[Make-wifi-fast] my guess is that eero did not ship all the ending the anomaly code

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 12:57:59 EST 2019

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/12/amazons-inexpensive-eero-mesh-wi-fi-kit-is-shockingly-good/

"In the 1080p torture test, each station requests a simulated 1080p
video stream. This amounts to 1MB chunks of data, fetched frequently
enough to amount to 5Mbps of data. This should not be a challenge to
any half-decent mesh Wi-Fi kit. This isn't the real "torture,"
though—serving bursty 5Mbps streams to four locations is easy, but
maintaining low latency in simulated Web browsing sessions is
noticeably tougher.

Eero breezes through the 1080p torture test's browsing latency exam
just fine. Although its 443ms average is slower than Plume's 237ms,
this is still a perfectly respectable figure—particularly in
comparison to Nest Wi-Fi. We cropped the X axis at 1500ms, but one of
Nest's results was well over twice that slow!"

I do hope AQL for the ath10k gets adopted quickly.

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht
CTO, TekLibre, LLC