[Make-wifi-fast] State of the MWFF...

Jon Pike jonpike54 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 23:36:22 EST 2019

Ok, sorry about that one... And I'm not asking that anyone actually
make a speech.

I was wondering how to easily find what's changing in the different
versions, as well as what versions are available where...  I
appreciate the great efforts of continuing development, and the
ability to watch it,  it's just a bit hard for a non developer like me
to follow what's changed and what's still coming.  I haven't been able
to find any changelog or even a feature list in my searching.

I'm still not sure how much of the newer make wifi fast stuff is out
there in current available OpenWrt builds, how much has gotten into
ath10k, and similar questions.

Poking around with my home setup/test bed where I have a few OpenWrt
versions available...  I can see the following:

TP-Link C7,  17.01.06
kmod  cake - 2018-7-16-f3..4-1
luci-app-sqm - 1.1.3-1
ath10k-qca988x- 2017-01-11

TP-Link C7,  18 + Snapshot 1-16-19
kmod  cake - 2019-01-08
luci-app-sqm - 1.2.4-1

ath10k-qca988x-ct 2018-10-10-d366b80d-1

My main x86 router doesn't run wifi, so I don't have what 18.06.1 runs.

I also wonder which would be a better choice for my dumb AP's, and how
to maximize MWFF benefits I'm hopefully getting by using it.

I think having this info more available would benefit a lot of people....