[Make-wifi-fast] Make-Wifi-Fast benefits on which hardware?

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at redhat.com
Fri Jul 12 07:08:44 EDT 2019

Jon Pike <jonpike54 at gmail.com> writes:

> Been away from "the scene" for a bit,  was wondering if the new TP-Link
> travel router I'm eyeing would be able to take advantage of the latest?
>
> Its the TL-WR902AC.  Depending on hardware version its either a QCA9531
> with a QCA9887 for 5ghz,  or a *MediaTek* MT7628AN and a MT7610EN.
>
> How are either of those for working with the stuff?
>
> Is it still a short list of supported hardware, or has it spread out a
> lot?

The OpenWrt ToH indicates that MT7610EN is not supported by the upstream
driver: https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr902ac_v3

I do see some references to MT7610E (without the N) in the driver,
though, so not sure if this is still accurate.

If it *is* supported I would tend to go with mediatek over ath10k...

-Toke