[Make-wifi-fast] [Ecn-sane] three new internet drafts regarding SCE

Rodney W. Grimes 4bone at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net
Wed Jul 17 11:07:56 EDT 2019

> IETF 105 runs from July 20-27th in Montreal.
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/105/agenda/
>
> tsvwg meets thursday morning 10-12, and friday 12:20-
>
> Remote attendance via videconferencing tools is straightforward. There
> are of course dozens of other wg meetings of possible interest, in my
> case, I'm still tracking babel's progress through the ietf, in
> particular, and I always try to
> check in on iccrg, also in case anything interesting comes up.
>
> Since not all members of our mailing lists are on the relevant tsvwg
> or tcpmwg  mailing lists, here are some drafts
> from those working on the SCE front (I'm not, but I do read things)
> for aqm and transport enhancements.
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grimes-tcpmwg-tcpsce-00
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-tsvwg-sce-00
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-heist-tsvwg-sce-one-and-two-flow-tests-00

There is actually a 4th related draft which is a new Q algorithm:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-morton-tsvwg-lightweight-fair-queueing

> I would have liked it if the the actual scripts, & flent data files
> were published and referenced in this last draft. (I think the
> pictures were published on some other email thread (?), and I look
> forward to the slides)

We are working towards this, part of the problem is the tools
and the data was evolving at a pace faster than we could publish them.

We have now validated that an independent person can build,
install and run a SCE capable linux kernel avaliable at:

	https://github.com/chromi/sce

Note that this is evolving code, so expect to see updates,
as well as complete notes on new sysctl's avaliable to
enable/disable features for testing purposes.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes at freebsd.org