[Make-wifi-fast] Uplink vs downlink latency

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Wed Apr 29 20:32:07 EDT 2020

I'm thinking ping may not be ideal for benchmarking OFDMA effects on
latency.  Also, the end/end latency preferred seems to me the socket
write() to final socket read() per that write(). Also, for TCP, there are
the connect times. I realize network stack guys focus on stack related
measurements, e.g. RTT, but the latencies users experience include the
application level and system level os interactions.

Just some food or thought.

Bob