[Make-wifi-fast] Wi-Fi 6 - how many of our assumptions does it violate?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 10:41:56 EST 2020

What I had pushed for in multiple private meetings with multiple
providers was for wifi 6 to expose a per station API to the host AP
cpu. This
neatly rids the host AP of as much need to grok MU ( I really like the
potential in MU) or per station tx rates while still giving the
smarter AP CPU the ability to schedule stations, FQ packets and manage
bufferbloat. A per station API makes gang-scheduling more feasible in
MU-MIMO. There were many other suggestions made along the way
(privately) like having a transmit or receive is almost done
interrupt, "prepare!", and I hope some of those ideas were adopted.

I'd hoped of course to attract some actual paid work on wifi 6, but so
far have only a teeny grant to look over the intel ax200 mess.