[Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] the future belongs to pacing

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 14:13:39 EDT 2020

> On 5 Jul, 2020, at 9:09 pm, Stephen Hemminger <stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
>
> I keep wondering how BBR will respond to intermediaries that aggregate packets.
> At higher speeds, won't packet trains happen and would it not get confused
> by this? Or is its measurement interval long enough that it doesn't matter.

Up-thread, there was mention of patches related to wifi.  Aggregation is precisely one of the things that would address.  I should note that the brief description I gave glossed over a lot of fine details of BBR's implementation, which include careful filtering and conditioning of the data it gathers about the network path.

I'm not altogether a fan of such complexity.

 - Jonathan Morton