[Make-wifi-fast] not really huge on EF landing where it does in wifi.

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:36:05 EDT 2020

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 10:10 AM Jonathan Foulkes
<jf at jonathanfoulkes.com> wrote:

> And with Cake, EF lands in the VoIP tin, even if a 4-layer Cake is specified. So it becomes bandwidth limited.
>
> I use EF33 for Video in my Zoom configs so that voice is top priority, and video is still above BE.

I have no idea anymore if AF33 lands in the VI queue. But both voice
and video SHOULD land in the same
wifi queue as to spare txops and ideally clients should deliver a
"batch" all at once so that we only request
one txop for it. A common pattern I'd see was a txop with one packet
and then a second one with the rest.

so many standards, so little time.