[Make-wifi-fast] R7800 & openwrt and smallnetbuilder

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:28:05 EDT 2020

I see that the R7800 is tim's goto router. I have one in a box... somewhere...

A benchmark between the stock R7800 firmware and openwrt 19.03  on it
would be nice to have. So far as I know
most of the offloads are in 19.03. However, the work ongoing on the
ath10k is pretty relevant, so A to B to C
would be a good shower of progress.

I figure tim is burned out totally on benchmarking wifi routers and is
off restoring his karma by planting a garden or hopefully something
relaxing like that(?), but I did manage to get most of my lab
reassembled over the past few weeks.

--
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman

dave at taht.net <Dave Täht> CTO, TekLibre, LLC Tel: 1-831-435-0729