[Make-wifi-fast] Weird periodic latency

Michael Yartys michael.yartys at protonmail.com
Fri Jan 15 11:02:17 EST 2021

Hi

I decided to run a couple of flent 8-stream TCP downloads from netperf-eu.bufferbloat.net to my Fedora 33 laptop, and I noticed some weird periodic latency in the resulting graphs. My router is the NETGEAR R7800 running OpenWrt with an ath10k radio. Here's a graph that's representative of the results that I got: https://imgur.com/a/BOKNzht

This looks similar to the latency spikes you would get from channel scans, but I have specified the BSSID in the Gnome network settings, which means that background scanning should be disabled. In addition, the test ran for 30 minutes, and channel scans are much more frequent than the latency spikes seen in the graph above. Here's what channel scans look like in a 15 minute long test: https://imgur.com/a/YJepfcp

Does anyone here know what could be causing this behaviour?

Michael