[Make-wifi-fast] prep: shuttleworth flash grants conference feb 21 - 26 February 2021

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:44:35 EST 2021

I think this is a recipient - only conference, but I was invited to
participate, ( a flash grant helped pay for our battle with the fcc
and we had tried and failed
to get a shuttleworth block grant for make-wifi-fast)

I would like to put together an updated  preso on the state of the
bloat, as well as maybe have a session about videoconferencing.

https://ffwd.flashgrants.org/

I'm pretty out of date, I think, on developments in the past year.

And it's been a while since I said anything in public, and after
reviewing much of the existing materials, it's pretty evident
that a few things on the website need an update, notably the sqm page
could use links to more products and cake. and the cake doc needs
love.

Also: did the lwn article die?

I'm willing to tackle the sqm page (after I remember how to use
hugo!!), but most on my mind is that we have at ton of good QoE for
videoconferencing
here, but no objective measurements to speak of. Is there a webrtc
based QoE measurement tool available?

I've been fiddling with galene, of late, and in part, to test that!!!,
and get caught up with everyone,
perhaps next week some of us could try out my new videoconferencing
server a bit? (please send availability to me privately - I'm most
available between 8am and 2PM PDT wednesdays).

If anyone would like to exercise the galene videoconferencing a bit
before then, I can frequently be found here:

https://tun.taht.net:8443/group/bufferbloat

but best to give me a heads up via email.

--
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman

dave at taht.net <Dave Täht> CTO, TekLibre, LLC Tel: 1-831-435-0729