[Make-wifi-fast] [Bloat] Little's Law mea culpa, but not invalidating my main point

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Mon Jul 12 16:42:45 EDT 2021

We in WiFi find UDP, while useful, also has severe limitations. The impact
to the TCP control loop matters a lot for things like aggregation.

Visualizations can be useful but also a bit limiting. We use stats
techniques such as PCA which is more mathematical and less visual.

We find syscall connect() times as a bit more relevant to user experience
than ICMP pings which are typically originated and terminated in kernel
space.

Bob