[Make-wifi-fast] [Cerowrt-devel] wireguard almost takes a bullet

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Wed Mar 31 13:37:59 EDT 2021

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 09:15:04PM -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
> David, I'm sure if you would post your patch for review on
> cerowrt-devel someone here would review and help sponsor it to
> wherever it belongs in the kernel. One thing I really liked about
> what we did with cerowrt and cake is to help a set of new developers
> grow to where they could grow in skill and power and influence into
> the mainline kernel itself. Linux needs to keep doing
> that as we grow older and crunchier.

I'll make the same offer.  I don't specialize in the networking
subsystem, but I'm happy to mentor new kernel contributors and to help
make sure that patches can be directed to right place so they can
receive the attention they deserve.  (This is not a guarantee that the
patches will go in, of course.)

Cheers,

					- Ted

> This is an awfully wide distribution list, but hey, I enjoy water
> cooler convos as much as
> anybody. Ted, it's nice to see you here.

Dave, if you think we've gone too far afield, just say the word.  One
of tehr easons why I stay on some of these lists is because they
aren't terribly high traffic, and I don't want to helping to drive
people away because the signal to nosie ratio on a particular list
gets pushed too low...