[Make-wifi-fast] VI vs BE on wifi

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Aug 8 13:43:32 EDT 2022

Hi Dave,

in all fairness it depends a bit on the station AP combination how much AC_BE traffic gets hit. But essentially this graph (or rather similar graphs fro my own testing a few years back) convinced me that selecting the "L4S" DSCP to ensure mapping into AC_VI is massively misguided, to be friendly. (This also nicely illustrates the folly of https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8325 Mapping Diffserv to IEEE 802.11, which does not seem to cite even a single reference showing data that the proposed scheme actually survives a contact with the existing WiFi gear in the field)...