[Make-wifi-fast] Fwd: [Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.11

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 13:16:40 EDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at irif.fr>
Date: Wed, Mar 30, 2022, 1:10 PM
Subject: [Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.11
To: <babel-users at lists.alioth.debian.org>

Dear all,

Babeld 1.11 is available from

  https://www.irif.fr/~jch/software/files/babeld-1.11.tar.gz
  https://www.irif.fr/~jch/software/files/babeld-1.11.tar.gz.asc

For more information about the Babel routing protocol, please see

  https://www.irif.fr/~jch/software/babel/

The main news in this version is support for MAC authentication, as
described in RFC 8967 [1].  This implementation has been verified to
interoperate with BIRD, and I've written a tutorial before.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8967
[2]
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/babel-users/2021-June/003827.html

I'll use the opportunity to remind everyone that, due to the Russian
invasion of Ukraine, we are currently living one of the most dramatic
refugee crises in living history.  If you live in Europe, please consider
volunteering with one of the organisations taking care of the refugees,
and, if you own a secondary residence, please consider renting it out.
Wherever you are, please consider donating to the organisations taking
care of the refugees (at least in France, the Red Cross appears to be
doing a good job), or to pro-Ukrainian causes (such as the Ukrainian Red
Cross or the Ukrainian Army).

30 March 2022: babeld-1.11

  * Implemented MAC authentication (RFC 8967).  Thanks to Clara Dô,
    Weronika Kołodziejak and Antonin Décimo.
  * Changed the interface of the add_filter function in order to simplify
    integration in OpenWRT.  Thanks to Nick Hainke.

-- Juliusz