[Make-wifi-fast] wifi 7 for mediatek lands... fq_codel? atf? can't tell...

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 05:17:42 EDT 2022

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 2:03 AM Felix Fietkau <nbd at nbd.name> wrote:

> On 01.11.22 02:49, Dave Taht wrote:
> > To my eye, this is offloading everything, but I could be wrong.
> >
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-mediatek/list/?series=690553
> ATF and AQL are enabled in the generic mt76 code, not the individual
> drivers. itxq (used for fq_codel) is also pretty much mandatory for mt76
> drivers using the generic framework.
> The driver also has code to read the airtime stats, so all of those
> features should work.

Thank you for the update! However, in order to take advantage of
certain wifi7 features, like RU,
a gang scheduler is needed, in order to feed each station
independently in the same txop, and
also there are other features like probes to set that up. Didn't see
any of that...

--
This song goes out to all the folk that thought Stadia would work:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dtaht_the-mushroom-song-activity-6981366665607352320-FXtz