[Make-wifi-fast] [bbr-dev] Aggregating without bloating - hard times for tcp and wifi

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Tue Nov 22 14:42:50 EST 2022

Thanks for sharing this. Curious about how the xTSQ value can be set? Can
it be done with sysctl?

*We continue our analysis by using the ms-version of TSQ patch, which
enables the tune of the TSQ size allowing each TCP variant to enqueue more
than 1 ms of data at the current TCP rate. In particular, we allow to
enqueue the equivalent of x ms of data, naming each test xTSQ, with x being
an integer value. It is important to notice that this patch has been
included in the Linux kernel mainline, and each Wi-Fi driver can now set
the desired xTSQ value**.*

Another thing that could be interesting is the WiFi aggregation stop
reasons, e.g. how many times agg stopped per hitting the max mpdu per ampdu
vs the software fifo going empty (i.e. no more packets available to the
driver from the TCP stack) per that TXOP.

Finally, many (most?) APs are forwarding and feeding packets at at the
hardware level so not sure that the linux stack matters as much for an AP
based analysis, particularly when considering multi user transmissions,
i.e. multiple WiFi clients are active and sharing TXOPs.

Bob

--
This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted
with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for