[Make-wifi-fast] [Rpm] The most wonderful video ever about bufferbloat

Bob McMahon bob.mcmahon at broadcom.com
Thu Oct 20 15:31:54 EDT 2022

The demo is nice but a way to measure this with full statistics can be
actionable by engineers. I did add support for tcp write time with
histograms, where setting TCP_NOTSENT_LOWAT, can give a sense of the
network responsiveness as the writes will await the select() indicating the
pipeline has drained. Nobody really uses this much.

Also, there is a suggestion for the server to generate branches so-to-speak
by sending an event back to the client, e.g. move the video pointer, but
how does the test tool decide when to create the user events that need to
be sent back? How long does it wait between events, etc?

Bob