[Make-wifi-fast] openwrt "thread" router...

Stuart Cheshire cheshire at apple.com
Sat Jan 7 13:48:30 EST 2023

On 6 Jan 2023, at 15:31, Dave Taht via Make-wifi-fast <make-wifi-fast at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> https://www.gl-inet.com/products/gl-s200/
>
> with wireless n support!!! I thought n was dead!
>
> But I have high expectations this router will work decently with thread devices.

Thanks for spotting this! It doesn’t appear to be on sale yet and I don’t see any pricing on the web page. Does anyone here have any contact with people at GL.iNet? It would be nice to reach out to them to get some prototypes for testing.

> Anyone know of a good thread device?

For low-cost things to play with, I suggest Nanoleaf Essentials bulbs ($20) and the Eve Door & Window Sensor ($40).

<https://nanoleaf.me/en-US/products/essentials/bulbs>
<https://www.evehome.com/en-us/eve-door-window>

Stuart Cheshire