[Make-wifi-fast] An "Accurate" Platform for Investigating TCP Performance in Wi-Fi Networks

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:30:06 EDT 2023

It is hard to contain my disappointment that a modern work on wifi,
that even mentions bufferbloat, could have missed our work on fixing
wifi (such as "ending the anomaly", now the default APIs in the linux
kernel), and make claims for the emulator that are so completely
wrong, and further claim that the behaviors matched a real world AP.

re: https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/futureinternet/futureinternet-15-00246/article_deploy/futureinternet-15-00246.pdf?version=1689771540

Can I suggest strongly to the authors that they try to understand rate
vs range vs buffering, the intersection of the half duplex txop
infrastructure with multiple stations, the side effects of
aggregation, and other scheduling difficulties mininet does not come
even close to handling?

20 packet buffers?? A more typical number is much greater.
Test through walls or at distance?

Here are 4 resources that might help deepen your understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-UnHDw02o&t=1532s (10 minutes here,
but do the whole thing)
https://bufferbloat-and-beyond.net/
https://www.cs.kau.se/tohojo/airtime-fairness/