[Make-wifi-fast] [Cerowrt-devel] anyone using sunshine?

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Mon Jan 29 16:25:56 EST 2024

Yes I have been using it successfully for the last couple of years and
it works well. However the vaapi encoder path needed for non nvidia
encoding has some bugs with how bandwidth calculation works for FEC
insertion. So YMMV for anything above around 30mbit encodes (which is
plenty for 4K streaming with h265). I use this for streaming to my
Lounge TV for Videoconfs/Games etc.

I've also managed to get it to work headless with Sway and seatd for
pseudo cloud gaming to a server downstairs with a GPU in it.

Would really like to see someone improve the non nvenc pathway.

Having spent a lot of time using various remote framebuffer solutions
over the years i can safely say sunshine is the first system which
truely makes accelerated remote desktops viable options; works with
containers too so long as you expose the host /dev/drm node to the
container.