[NNagain] Cisco Fraudster Must Pay $100M, Serve Jail Time For Selling $1B In Counterfeit Gear

David Bray, PhD david.a.bray at gmail.com
Thu May 16 19:44:11 EDT 2024

Further update on what I shared back in March:
https://www.crn.com/news/networking/2024/cisco-fraudster-must-pay-100m-serve-jail-time-for-selling-1b-in-counterfeit-gear

Cisco Fraudster Must Pay $100M, Serve Jail Time For Selling $1B In
Counterfeit Gear

*A CEO of a number of tech companies has been sentenced in federal court
for running what officials are calling “one of the largest
counterfeit-trafficking operations ever.” Onur Aksoy was convicted of
selling counterfeit Cisco equipment, with some of the phony gear being
deployed in classified information systems, combat and non-combat
operations of the U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Army, as well as
hospitals and schools, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.*

Snippet of note: *The fraudulent gear found its way into combat and
non-combat operations of the U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Army,
including within platforms supporting the F-15, F-18, and F-22 fighter
jets, AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, P-8 maritime patrol aircraft, and
B-52 Stratofortress bomber aircraft, according to the Department of
Justice. *