[Rpm] Server side code/config samples open sourced for networkQuality tool

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 10:38:19 EDT 2021

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 4:08 AM Rich Brown via Rpm
<rpm at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> I am delighted to see this message, because I missed yesterday's call.
>
> My question was going to be whether there are open-source implementations of either the server or client, so more people could horse around with the test.
>
> Thanks for moving things along.
>
> Rich
>
> > On Oct 12, 2021, at 1:07 PM, Randall Meyer via Rpm <rpm at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I am happy to announce the publishing of the server-side counterpart to the responsiveness measurement tool that will be available in the upcoming macOS Monterey release.
> >
> > The code is available at https://github.com/network-quality/server.
> >
> > We provide server-side configurations for Apache Traffic Server, Apache httpd and nginx as well as reference implementations in Swift and Go.
> >
> > The client-side is located @ /usr/bin/networkQuality in macOS Monterey and can be pointed to a custom server with the -C  option.
> >
> > The tool implements the methodology specified in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cpaasch-ippm-responsiveness/
> >
> > Contributions to the server-side are of course very welcome on the GitHub repository.
> >
> > -Randall

I am planning on tackling an http/3 version. But i will be damned if I
do it in c. I'm looking over two rust libraries,
1, quinn, that uses up rust's futures paradigm, the other, quiche,
which is production quality, but uses a lot of C.

I was weirdly pleased to see the venerable (and much beloved by me) C
uthash lib used here:

https://github.com/cloudflare/quiche/blob/master/examples/http3-server.c

Torn, presently.

Fixing Starlink's Latencies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9gLo6Xrwgw