[Rpm] Does RPM measurement *require* a valid SSL certificate

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 14:47:18 EDT 2021

OK. I am convinced and satisfied by this outcome.

> On Oct 20, 2021, at 2:30 PM, Christoph Paasch <cpaasch at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> - People using those clients but specifying a different RPM Server. It'll be one of those implementations from the github networkQuality/server repo, or an OpenWrt package, or random router manufacturer's own built-in RPM Server.
>
> And these users, will already have to specify the custom server in the command-line with the "-C" option. So, it will be easy for them to also specify "-k/--insecure".

- People using Apple's iOS client have no option (today) to specify a custom server. If one becomes available, I imagine it'll have a checkbox that says, "Accept insecure certificate"

- People using Apple's macOS client can use both -C and -k to accept the insecure certificate.

- People using homegrown RPM clients will use the client's options, presumably that match the Apple clients.

Thanks again.

Rich