[Rpm] Test procedures for TCP stacks ?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:19:04 EST 2022

"Quality" is an attribute I think about based on Deming's work on TQM,
and Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

You know it when you see it, feel it, taste it, hold its heft in your
hand, and wheel your bike out of the garage after a long winter and it
starts right up.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 7:27 AM Toerless Eckert via Rpm
<rpm at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> Are thre any well defined (RFC or the like) test procedures for the "quality"
> of TCP stacks ? I am especially thinking about measuring how good the
> TCP stack behaves in the face of various path problems. Latency, loss,
> reorder,.
>
> Related:
>
> How big a difference between goodput and throughput would one be able to
> see anyhow between worst... best TCP stacks ?
>
> Thanks!
>     Toerless

I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC