[Rpm] networkQuality test for Apple TV?

Jonathan Foulkes jf at jonathanfoulkes.com
Mon Mar 7 17:25:53 EST 2022

Has anyone heard of an implementation of the NetworkQuality test App that an average user can obtain from the AppleTV app store?

Background: there are many threads in A/V circles regarding issues with AppleTV4K having trouble maintaining a steady Atmos audio stream while playing 4K DolbyVision content.
I believe many of those glitches are likely due to poor networkQuality (at the ATV), but need a test to prove it.

I have two ATV4Ks, and play plenty of DV/Atmos content, and rarely (never?) have an audio glitch. But then, both are wired, and I have high RPM on my network.

Thanks,

Jonathan Foulkes