[Rpm] rpm meeting notes from last week

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 10:25:47 EDT 2022

Sasha has re-organized the meeting notes we've been taking which will
be permanently up here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K14vrBLNvX_KOdRMK_s0SCYTnj70IJ-dQubL37kQgw/edit

The public meetings continue at 10AM PDT tuesdays.

One thing came up in that meeting that bears further reflection: The
structure of the the responsiveness test is e2e, and differentiating
between the wifi hop and/or sourcing tests from the router - is hard.
In the latter case, we are asking a router not only to saturate its
network connection, but to do it using crypto, which is a mighty task
to ask of a router that's job is primarily routing (with offloads).

A thought might be to attempt p2p tests between say, an ios phone and
an osx laptop, which would exercise the router as a wifi router. A
docker container for the server would be straightforward. (It's still
hard for me to
trust containers or vm's to run fast or accurately enough, too).

Former case is still e2e but with the icmp unreachable idea I described in wtbb.

--
I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC