[Rpm] [LibreQoS] benton's consumer broadband label prototype

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:09:50 EDT 2022

Complete fail on a marketing perspective though, this would have to be
legislated and then handled by a third party.  No one is going to put out
essentially a warning label that says 'poor' or 'marginal' in any category
for a product they sell.  I wouldn't, and we have LTE services to get to
people with no other option and they are quite happy, it would be
detrimental to hand them a sheet that says that the service is actually
'poor'.

Also, my trust in the government to decide what's good or bad...
laughable.    You'd get things like on the example page.  903.5Mbps Median
download speed, 811.8 Median upload speed, gaming rating poor and video
conferencing marginal, on Fios service.  I know that's an example, but it's
so spot on what the government might do...

As an operator, I will not implement this unless forced to and then I'll
support lobby efforts to get it removed.