[Rpm] [LibreQoS] [Starlink] Researchers Seeking Probe Volunteers in USA

Jeremy Austin jeremy at aterlo.com
Mon Jan 9 12:04:55 EST 2023

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 10:26 AM Dave Taht via LibreQoS <
libreqos at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:

> 2) Few are actually testing within-stream latency

If some kind of consensus can be generated around how latency under load
should be reported, and bearing in mind that to date Preseem measures
non-destructively, i.e., not generating synthetic flows, we would be
happy to help by adding that analysis to our regular reporting.

We have some FWA-specific latency numbers in our reports, but will be
adding more granular reporting for other access tech as well. A
single-dimension histogram isn't sufficient, IMO, but do we really need to
teach everyone to read CFS? Maybe.

--
Jeremy Austin
Sr. Product Manager