[Rpm] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Starlink] Researchers Seeking Probe Volunteers in USA

rjmcmahon rjmcmahon at rjmcmahon.com
Mon Jan 9 14:19:59 EST 2023

User based, long duration tests seem fundamentally flawed. QoE for users
is driven by user expectations. And if a user won't wait on a long test
they for sure aren't going to wait minutes for a web page download. If
it's a long duration use case, e.g. a file download, then latency isn't
typically driving QoE.

Not: Even for internal tests, we try to keep our automated tests down to
2 seconds. There are reasons to test for minutes (things like phy cals
in our chips) but it's more of the exception than the rule.

Bob