[Rpm] [Starlink] Researchers Seeking Probe Volunteers in USA

Robert McMahon rjmcmahon at rjmcmahon.com
Thu Jan 12 12:49:59 EST 2023

Hi Sebastien,

⁣You make a good point. What I did was issue a warning if the tool found it was being CPU limited vs i/o limited. This indicates the i/o test likely is inaccurate from an i/o perspective, and the results are suspect. It does this crudely by comparing the cpu thread doing stats against the traffic threads doing i/o, which thread is waiting on the others. There is no attempt to assess the cpu load itself. So it's designed with a singular purpose of making sure i/o threads only block on syscalls of write and read.

I probably should revisit this both in design and implementation. Thanks for bringing it up and all input is truly appreciated.

Bob