[Rpm] gofundme for replacement apple CSI starbase laptop

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat May 13 21:03:25 EDT 2023

On Sat, May 13, 2023 at 1:59 PM Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Zach Golden, who has done some first rate science reporting on
> spacex... has had his primary laptop fail, and is looking for help on
> getting a new one. This would be a golden (sic) opportunity for anyone
> here from Apple?, to help....
>
> https://www.gofundme.com/f/csi-starbase-production-equipment-emergency?member=26883289&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer&utm_term=undefined

> https://twitter.com/CSI_Starbase/status/1657488025193009154

It was really heartwarming to see the internet reach out and meet
zach´s goal in 4 hours flat, tho I think it would be smart if he also
got a backup laptop as well!

Recently, I had stumbled across a great archive of science shows from
BBC 4 I had watched as a kid (cannot find the link now!) and realizing
how little modern content I do watch, and how little I have paid for
it in the past decade. Even my book consumption is at a low ebb,
replaced by endless twittering and stuff I cannot sink my teeth into.
You are what you eat, I guess. Recently I switched to at least some
RSS newsfeeds, which are less distracting, but still...

Thankfully today I got out from behind the computer for the first time
in months. It was sunny, there was a jazz fest, and people, smiling at
each other, a lot. I opened my ears and closed my eyes.

I am going to take a week off from the net. Fixing it further can
wait. See yaĺl on the other side!