[Starlink] [Bloat] Of interest: Comcast AQM Paper

Michael Richardson mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca
Sun Aug 1 09:13:25 EDT 2021

Neal Cardwell via Bloat <bloat at lists.bufferbloat.net> wrote:
    > On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 3:27 PM Aaron Wood <woody77 at gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> If we see that AQM appears to be not functioning as expected
    >> for upstream connections on DOCSIS3.1, what's the right avenue
    >> for getting that resolved?  (and does that only apply to the
    >> Comcast-owned, vs. customer-owned, modems?)

    > FWIW, from the paper it sounds like not all Comcast cable modems
    > had/have PIE, which enabled the A/B experiment:

This does bring up an interesting discovery question:

the presences of AQM (whether PIE or FQ_CODEL), and what the settings might
be (for some things need to be tuned), would be something that might be
interested to emit via LLDP.
And/or at a /.well-known URL (accessible via IPv6-LL only).

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF at sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )