[Starlink] congestion control info off the datapath

Nick Buraglio buraglio at forwardingplane.net
Wed Aug 11 13:59:27 EDT 2021

Brief introduction from me:
I'm Nick Buraglio.I've been building service provider networks in one way
or another since the 90s. My day job is on the planning and architecture
team for the Energy Sciences Network  (es.net). I've been doing HPC and LFN
networks for about 20 years now, having worked on almost every aspect from
security policy and implementation to fiber planning and optical wave
multiplexing, and most things in between (Layer 1 to Layer 8). My interest
in StarLink is mostly personal, as I have long been a strong proponent of
providing useful resources to underserved areas, but also from an
academic perspective in dealing with the technical pieces. Traffic
engineering, IPv6 proliferation, as well as performance testing are a big
part of my drivers and personal interests. Sometimes I do a podcast called
modem.show that talks about technical edge cases and deeper dive
take-aparts.

nb