[Starlink] fcc doesn't get buffering, still...

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 13:57:47 EST 2021

from: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-378142A1.pdf

" Recommendation ITU - R S.2131
-
0, “Method for the determination of performance objectives for
satellite hypothetical reference digital paths using adaptive coding
and modula
tion.” 58 That recommendation suggests that satellite systems using
ACM should be designed to meet performance objectives stated as either
the packet error ratio or the spectral efficiency (bit/s/Hz) as a
function of C/N. While this Recommendation does not provide specific
values for the percentage
of degraded throughput that should not be exceeded, we invite comment
on establishing a limit under such a criteria."

Perhaps "degraded throughput" is an in...

... But what I was actually looking for was regulatory uplink power
limits, as I figured that has been much of (and I could so be wrong)
the uplink speed limit.

--
I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC