[Starlink] Starlink Security Find

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 11:04:32 EST 2021

Nice work, Jonathan! You buried the lede... A lot simpler than the
other two bugs you discussed, either one of which has me inclined to
log out permanently and head to mexico. Why do we get all these
security vulns at christmas? I lost a christmas to spectre, another to
a mips fpu bug, another to the ping of death - I remember how I spent
those christmases far more clearly than the actual "fun" ones.

Also nice to see the 28ms RTT between you and your friend. Care to try
a few flent tests between you? or to the internet?

Over here I've been doing some pretty extensive tests of my starlink
test cloud, from a dsl and a cable modem, the cake rtt_fair results
(from dallas to sydney) were to die for:
https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?p=898777#p898627

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 7:47 AM Jonathan Bennett
<jonathanbennett at hackaday.com> wrote:

> Thought you guys might appreciate this. A traceroute lead to a Starlink bug bounty. https://hackaday.com/2021/12/17/this-week-in-security-log4j-pdf-cpu-and-i-hack-starlink/
>
> --Jonathan Bennett

I tried to build a better future, a few times:
https://wayforward.archive.org/?site=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.icei.org

Dave Täht CEO, TekLibre, LLC