[Starlink] google's implementation of aql and fq_codel for wifi

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:56:04 EDT 2021

It's kind of come to my attention that people rarely click on links
anymore. So the google document attached goes into detail as to how
well google's implementation of aql and fq_codel works on their wifi
products... for the last 5 years or so.

The RvR vs latency plots from page 12 forward are to die for. This is
why I'd wanted a packet capture from jared's test to see if starlink
had missed these two subsystems also in their initial starlink router
implementation.

I also tend to think the flow-queuing scheduling algorithm might help
on the sat links as well, but that would require testing and
simulation.

--
Latest Podcast:
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6791014284936785920/